Sunday, September 16, 2012

How do you cope with the end of relationship?

What is relationship? Relationship is the way in which two people or things connected with or involve each other (Macmillan dictionary). So, I think most of the people had a moment like this, the end of relationship with someone, whether it is your friends, neighbour, boyfriends or anyone. But do people cope well with the end of relationship? Some people they do well as soon as the end the relationship but some people might take some time to deal with it. It depends on how it end and why it end. I just want to share some of my experiences of how to deal with the end of relationship. 

  1.      I love watching drama and movies, so usually when I feel sad and disappointed I will watch some movies or drama that can make me smile and forget all of the problems. I think every person should at least one or two TV series or movie that they like the most, they can watch it to forget about the hurting moment. When you are sad you really need something to distract you from thinking about your feeling, so just sink yourself with the movies. 
  2.  Some people they might need to talk with some people, so find so good listener maybe your mother, your sister, your best friends or whoever that can lend their ears for you to talk about your feeling. It will help you as you share the problems or the feeling with someone who you know is staying by your side. I always share my feeling with my mother or my best friends. 
  3.  When I was at the university I was involved with silat. At first I don’t know that it really helpful when you need to release your stress but after sometimes, I realize that this thing really help me to calm me down. Punching and kicking really help me to feel at ease. One day I felt really angry toward someone, but that night I had silat training. I went for the training and enjoy it very much, I felt like all of the burden disappear one by one. So, people who just end their relationship can try any sports, but doing martial may also help. You can imagine that you are punching and kicking that person you hate the most =) 
  4.  For some people they have comfort food; food which help you to feel more comfortable and feel calm. As for me I ice cream and chocolate cake help me to deal with it. But this one is not recommend for someone who is under diet. But after all you only eat it once a while; it will not affect your diet. Sometimes eating make you feel better, but for those who lost their appetite when they end the relationship can try other ways to help them with the problem. 
  5.  Go for window shopping. Maybe we should see some people around us. Observing people around us make us forget about what we had just gone through. Look around, smile, eat, and maybe you can buy some small things that you like. You just need to think that it’s not the end of the world when you faced with the end of relationship. I don’t care whether I have some friends to accompany me or not, I just go to the shopping complex when I feel like I want to go. It really helps me to find some peace in my mind. 
  6.  Bookstore is one of my favourite places. I can stay in the bookstore for hours. There are a lot of things that I can do in the bookstore. Browsing through some motivational books, cooking books, health books, dictionary of many language, searching for some new comics or manga, looking through some stationeries and so many other things.
These are some of my ways to deal with the end of relationship. It really helps me to face with it. Although it may take some time to forget about it but by doing all of this the burden and the sad feeling can be lessen and you’ll feel better in just few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment