Thursday, September 6, 2012

What do I like about the K-Pop?

I’ve been watching this K-Pop since I entered the university and it means that it is already about 5 years that I got stuck with this wave. There a lot of reasons for me to like this K-Pop thingy. The first thing that makes me like this Korean singer and songs was when I heard Jang Nara song. She was so cute and the song easily captured my heart and it was also very catchy. 

The first Korean series that I has watched was Full House where I had watched it encore during my secondary school, but at that moment I cannot continuously watching that show because I stayed at the hostel. After I entered the university, the first series that had watched was My Girl, at the moment I totally felt in love with the Korean series. 

But at that time, I don’t really care to know about the update of the Korean wave, but after I had watched Boys over Flower, I started to look into their world. I started to update my knowledge about them especially when I really like Kim Hyun Joong. I had searched about him in the internet and automatically know about his group SS501. 

From that moment I watched any Korean series that my friends passed to me. Although a little bit, I watched autumn in my heart and cried a lot. While my friends watched it during the secondary school, I was still not captured by this wave. I really love the actors and actresses. They act lively and bring the soul out of the stories. I was totally into it. 

There are actually certain things that I really adore about this Korean series and songs. A part from the beautiful singer and actress and the handsome singer and actor, I like the beautiful scenery that they point out in the series or even on the variety show. They had various places that show their culture and country. They really preserve it well. 

But one thing that I truly be fond of is that their attitude towards the elderly. They have a high sense of respect. Even it is only a one year a part; they still call the person hyung, oppa, nuna or unnie. I like that very much. The bow to the eldest like grandfather, grandmother, father and mother which is something rare in our culture, even if we claim that we are Malay and we preserve our culture. 

Nowadays, kids at school they don’t even respect their teachers, especially the young teachers. I know that the TV might only portrait the good things about Korean cultures but this happens even when they are filming in the countryside. Some people may say that they are pretending to do good things in front of the camera, but can they always pretend to be good all the time. As a human being it is very hard to do unless you really brought up with the culture.

Although the series seem to be having the same theme in all country which is love, but for me Korean love story really touch my nerve. It has the sense of romantic, happiness, sad moment, and the things that women love; the happy ending story. Most of the Korean series have the happy ending story. Who like to watch a sad ending story? Although the reality of the life is always sad, but this is like escapism for those who like to watch the series. 

The good culture, the good looking actors and singer, the good scenery and places all around Korea, the catchy beat really make me into it. I really hope that one day I can go to Korea and witness all of it by myself.  


No comments:

Post a Comment