Saturday, December 17, 2011

The reminiscing of time!

When I first came to Gombak, I thought I would be alone for all of the time. I came in with no clear vision and mission. I entered this campus as a Human science student. I don’t even know how my life would be. I don’t know what will be my major for this course, but I’m thinking of psychology but in the end, I got this TESL course. If is it before this, I think that I can be a good teacher, turning into final year student, I don’t know if I can carry the responsible well. 

I got here, with my mother, father, who helped me to bring all of my stuff. The journey seemed so long from Jitra to Gombak, but we arrived at 6.30 in the morning. With all the bags and things, we managed to get a cab and went straight to Gombak. I was amused with the compound and environment and I think it will be very hard for me to adapt with the environment. It seems like the hostel and the kuliyah building was very far, but now, it is almost four years, I’m staying here, it seems that I can  reach the kuliyah department in only 5 minutes, in condition if I walk fast without stopping to greet my friends on the way to the class. But thanks to mama and papa, who gave me the motorcycle, I can reach the kuliyah building in only 3 minutes. 

I enjoy my time being a student, there are a lot of memories here and I realize this is the most unforgettable time or phase in my life. Some people might have a very great moment during their school time, but not for me. Here, at this university, I learn to love, learn to make friends, learn to be independent, learn to be alone, and learn to be who I am today. I had lost my purse in the monorail, lost my motorcycle, helmet, involved in an accident, and so many things that I never thought before. It left some marks in my heart, in my life, taught me to be stronger, dependant, patient, diligent and as many things that I never felt I will be. 

At this garden of knowledge and virtues, I meet many types of people, the one who are true friends, the secret enemy, the one who lost herself, the one with broken heart, the one with warm personality, it had exposed me to many people I never met before. If I am still Wani who is living with mama and papa at my sweet home, I never know that world is not only a sweet place to be but also a cruel place to be. I have learned so much about life, and now it almost to the end of my journey here at IIUM. I know that I’ll be missing this place, which have been teaching me with so many things and have been introducing me to many thought, people, situation and feeling. Thank to MAMA and PAPA who are always being such great support to me, without them, I can never be who I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment