Friday, October 28, 2011

The first grand instructional aid ever.

Before this I never had done something that need to be though for a very long time. I need to prepare for many things. This semester require me to do something different from my normal doing. Before this the assignments that need to be done was just something written that require not much creative thinking. 

Last semester I need to do the micro teaching but require not so much preparation except for the lesson plan. My lesson plan had been rejected for several times before it had been approve by the lectures. I didn’t need any grand material for my micro teaching. It was enough with the worksheet or the power point or maybe some video. 

This semester teaching writing class has required me to do an instructional aid. I was panic because I never done it before plus there was so many things need to be followed. He has his own ways to do the instructional aid and he also wants us to follow his ways. For example; do not use the manila card but mounting board, it is sturdier and use alphabet block, no hand writing in the instructional aid. If it possible no video or something that is connected with IT. 

Although I am not a creative person, I tried my best to find something that meet his demand and as possible get the full marks for this individual assignment. The first problem I encountered was that the mounting board was so big and it did not fit in the motorcycle box. When I bought the mounting board I need to walk from the center to my mahalah, left my motorcycle at the center. It was a problem for someone who usually rides a motorcycle to class. The idea did not came as smooth as I thought, the mood to do this thing also come and goes in the time being. But at last I manage to do finalize my work. Although it is not that good like other people may do but this the best from me. 
before (50% in progress)

it's done!

It is useful and can be use in many classes. It is also can be recycle to do other things. It is sturdy and one thing that I really hope is that it meets the demand of my beloved lecture. I know some people can do it better than I can give, but this my first time preparing something like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment