Monday, September 26, 2011

Why men don’t listen and women can’t read maps.

Today I learn a lesson that what had been written in the book “Why men don’t listen and women can’t read maps” was true. Today when I was at the clinic waiting for my friend a man, ask a nurse where is room A, which actually situated just in front of him. I tried to tell him that he was standing just in front of the door for the room but he was very anxious trying to find the correct room for him to enter. Allan and Barbara Pease maybe had made a very long observation of people all around them. The fact that women cannot estimate the space was also true. Last semester one of my friends tried to park at the narrow space but at the end, she crushed one of the cars near to the space. And I am one of the examples of women who tend to fail when it’s time to find a place or when I’m trying to give direction for certain place. I can’t even remember properly where the car had been parked by my friends after a shopping.  

I keep thinking what all of this happen, and it is actually had been discussed in this book. I find it very interesting and useful if we are trying to know our self or the opposite people. Now I know that man, cannot watch TV and listen to what we want to say, because they don’t have the special ability to do two job or tasks at the same time. But women were gifted with this specialty. No wonder women can cook at the same time talking at the phone, and sometimes they can watch TV and chatting with their friends. 

I just finished half of the book and I think it gave me a lot of information and clear up miscommunication I have with the men in my life. You may know yourself better after this and you may also have more information about others.

1 comment: